1.
When did you get your first pair of jeans—I was
definitely well into college before they were a daily staple in my
wardrobe. I do recall I was never allowed to wear them to school even
though Levys, colored tee-shirts with chest pockets and navy blue pea coats were the
uniform of some of my friends in hs - I had lots of Levy, jean-cut
corduroys and some serious pin-striped slacks and cuff link shirts in hs, but, blue denim was scarce.
2.
I never had any brand other than Levy until I
was an adult with kids, when I got some Wranglers
3.
AND neither Mom, nor Dad ever owned jeans.
I mean never.
4.
I asked Dad once why he did not wear blue jeans
and he said they reminded him of dungarees and denim overalls and those were
worn only by really poor people when he was growing up and that it would have
been embarrassing to wear them. I think personally it was more
embarrassing to see the Colonel across the street working in his yard
wearing the one-piece, zip-up-the-front jump suit! There even may have been a
summer version of the onesie with short sleeves and short pants. I
vaguely recall when we lived on base men wearing the official flight suit
version of that jump suit when lounging around.
5.
So was your first jean day a significant event –
or was I again the ice-breaker and K had 2 or 3 pair in hs and N had a closet
full at Garner! The mantle of number one is a heavy one.
No comments:
Post a Comment