Friday, July 13, 2012

Grasshopper Rescue

Youngest was funny last night.
He mumbled some in his sleep, and when I asked if he was awake or talking in his sleep he said as if offended by the idea, "I’m not talking, I'm not even asleep."
A while later he actually leapt off the couch like a grasshopper and knelt down in front of the blue recliner where the guitar was sitting, hands together like a praying mantis and said "I have to rescue the coach."
I asked him if he was awake and he said "I’m not sleep walking" and "I’m not bowing down before the guitar."
He knelt there a minute, and then, without any explanation, went back to the couch. He really did leap though. Like a grasshopper.
Next day he confessed, "I spend so much time lifeguarding these days all my dreams are about rescuing people."

No comments: